Have you ever wanted to be a fly on the wall when your customers use your products and/or services? Accurate customer insight has been very elusive for business since goods and services were exchanged for money instead of
barter. More sophisticated methods for gaining user insight have evolved over the last half-century. In the last decade or so social anthropologists and psychologists have introduced a discipline called ethnography, which provides tools for observing customers in the marketplace; at home, at work, and in social situations.
So far, however, the tools and techniques for conducting this kind of customer research have been the purview of the researchers, who gather insights in the field and then share them with the client back home. The collective knowledge of the client’s cross-functional experts has never been present in the field. These ethnographic practices have also tended to be applied in consumer product arenas, with little application in the world of business-to-business. To address this missing element Creative Realities has created Ethnographic Marketplace Immersion. It provides the missing link between clients and customers.
- Confidence that better customer data has been gathered in both business to business-to-business and business-to-consumer environment.
- Different conclusions from the same experiences. People interpret through the lens of their functional eyes & ears.
- These differences stimulate powerful conversations during the field debriefs and in the Invention phase.
- Retained team memory as innovations are conceived and implemented.
- Customers who can be engaged in online, telephone, and/or in-person ongoing research.
Download the full one-page description of Ethnography now to learn how we do it.